Guthrie Bicycle Co. is one of the oldest (if not the oldest) Bicycle Stores in the United States. Our history starts in 1888 when the Meredith Brothers started manufacturing bicycles in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. In 1904 James William Guthrie joined the Meredith bros. and the store became Meredith and Guthrie. In 1914, it officially became Guthrie Bicycle.
Twenty two years later Lorus Manwaring purchased the store and kept the name Guthrie Bicycle. For five generations since, it has been owned by the same family. Jeff Goddard, the current owner, is Manwaring’s great-great grandson.
We have been around since the High Wheelers of the 1880’s to the 15 lb super bikes of today. We like to think we have been in the bicycle business so long because we are honest, fair and friendly. We love bicycles and look forward to serving our customers for the next 100 years. Today, we are located at 803 E 2100 South in Salt Lake City, UT.